Tuesday 19 November 2013

Texture Clash






Hey you, it's been a while. I know I've been absent from the blogosphere, but I'm back with a whole new look which I hope you all love! As it happens, work, uni & personal life just gets a bit hectic sometimes but you just have to roll with the punches. Having updated my blog, (which I'm still in the process of doing so bare with me) I wanted to share with you my favourite trend this season which is this mix between different textures. It's like the fabric version of colour blocking. There's no right or wrong answer in this department!

Cosy knits have become a key player in this seasons trend base and has made walking out into this cold weather a little more bearable. Having such a soft and cuddly bear like feel, I decided to clash my knit with something more cold and edgy. The combination of a leather look skirt or in this case pvc, gives a more chic rocker look but can also be dressed up with a pair of pointed heels or heeled sandals if you're looking to show of your newly done pedicure! But considering I was off to uni I opted for a casual boot...trying to tone it down a little lol!

Believe it or not I actually bought this jumper in a size 12, a couple sizes up from my original size, hoping to get a more over-sized look but it unfortunately fit perfectly. When I went to go and buy the other sizes up there were only 8 & 10's available so I guess everyone had the same idea as they were all out of stock in everything else. 

Enjoy the new website look & stay tuned for more!

Jumper - TopShop
Skirt - TopShop 
Leather Jacket - TopShop
Military Boots - H&M
Necklace - Primark


No comments:

Post a Comment